American Mobility Specialists Shipping Policy
Our goal is to keep the ordering process as simple as possible. Shipping times vary from 1-3 business days and delivery time varies between 3-10 business days if your product is in stock.
Please read through this instructional guide so you can understand how the process works and what you should expect to happen once you place your order with us.
- You will receive an order confirmation email as soon as you place your order. This means that we have authorized your credit card for the purchase and are preparing your order for shipment.
- As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our warehouse to confirm the product you ordered is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
- If your item is on back order or unavailable, we will reach out to you via email.
- If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
- If your order is in stock and your credit card is approved by our fraud guarantee department, the product ordered will ship within 1-3 business days from the date of your order.
- We will send you the tracking information within 24 hours to the email address you provided when checking out.
- We ship daily via UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, and Freight to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders will ship the same day as ordered if the order is submitted before 12pm PST (some exceptions apply, some part and freight orders may not ship until the following day).
- Some parts orders and freight shipment are subject to ship the following business day(s) if the order is placed close to the 12pm cut off time.
- Shipping costs are included with any unit going ground to the lower 48 states. AK and HI ship AIR at an additional cost.
- We do not offer Cash On Delivery.
- A phone number is required by the freight company so a delivery appointment can be made.
- Failure to provide an accurate phone number at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without an appointment.
- A delay in delivery may also cause additional storage fees to accrue, those additional fees will need to be paid prior to delivery.
Note To International Customers: You Are Responsible For Any And All Duties Or Taxes That May Apply. (See Details Below)
- Customs, Duties, and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customers responsibility to know the legality of the product(s) ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our product(s) to your country.
As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find that information before your order. Please contact your local Customs office for information.
- To avoid a delay in receiving your order from Customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by Customs when your product(s) arrive. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so Customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs.
- We will deduct all additional fees resulting form refused international shipments from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
- If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package.
- If we do receive the package after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.
- We ship via UPS, FedEx, and USPS for most small parts and accessories, and Freight for large products and accessories (typically that weigh 100 lbs+).
- If you don't receive tracking information from us within 6 business days of your order confirmation, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com.
- Please inspect the packaging of your product(s) when they arrive.
- If there are any product(s) damaged upon arrival, you can file a warranty claim to get replacement parts for anything that's damaged.
- If your product(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellation And Refunds:
- All orders cancelled are subject to an administration fee qual to 17% of the total order amount, whether or not your order has shipped. This is a fee that covers administrative and personnel fees.
- If your item is on back order and you accept the back order, we will hold your payment until the item(s) ships. If you decide to cancel before the backorder arrives and is processed for shipping, we will not charge a fee.
- If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
- From time to time, a product may run out of stock at our warehouse and the website wasn't updated when you placed your order. In that case, we will call and send you an email within a reasonable time period after you place your order notifying you of the back order, what the expected time for arrival is, and what substitutes are available in case you are interested in getting a similar product sooner.
- The expected arrival time may change due to unforeseen circumstances like a shipment getting held up at the port upon arrival or the factory missing a certain part needed to complete the manufacturing process.
- If the arrival time changes on your order, you can let us know whether you would like to keep the order, substitute for a different product, or cancel the order altogether.
- Once the back order arrives, we will notify you by phone and/or email with your estimated ship date and you will receive an email with tracking information within 1-3 business days.
This section will give you the essential information about what to expect with the delivery of your item. If you purchased one of our large and/or heavy items your item will ship Freight LTL and will be delivered via a freight truck.
Important Freight LTL Shipment Instructions
- When the item reaches your city or a city near yours the dispatcher will call you to set up a future delivery date and time with you. The item will not be delivered until you set up this appointment.
- You need to be at the delivery address during the delivery window to receive and sign for the item.
- The dispatcher will let you know what dates they have available. Delivery appointments can only be scheduled Monday - Friday. The delivery times can only be scheduled in delivery windows of 8AM - 12PM or 12PM - 4PM. Depending on the freight company the delivery window may differ. A fixed delivery time cannot be scheduled (for example, you cannot specify a specific time like 9:00AM). It can only be scheduled in a delivery window time frame.
- Please make sure the phone number you entered at checkout is a good number to contact you at.
- Don't screen your calls until your item has been delivered.
- The item will be delivered via a lift gate truck with one delivery person. It will be placed at your curb or the closest area near your drive way. Due to the large size of the truck, it may not be possible to be placed at the end of a long drive way or a drive way that is gravel.
- Be sure to keep all your packing materials including the pallet (if there is one). If you decide to return the item, you will need to have all the original packaging materials.
How To Handle Damages, Exceptions or Discrepancies At Time Of Delivery (Carton Packaging Appears To Have Some Damage Such as Ripped, Holes, Large Dents, Open Carton, Or Items Are Missing):
- Carton damage requires visual inspection of contents of the unit.
- American Mobility Specialists recommends IMMEDIATE inspection, with the driver present, to verify damage. If contents are damaged, indicate damage on the carrier's paperwork and notify American Mobility Specialists IMMEDIATELY.
IMPORTANT: If contents cannot be inspected immediately, the notation on the the carrier's paperwork must state: "Carton damage, subject to inspection" and list type of damage.
- Contents must be inspected within 48 hours of arrival and actual damage reported to the carrier and American Mobility Specialists.
Carton Packaging Has Excessive Damage With The Exposed Product(s):
If you have any further questions about the ordering and shipping process, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.